There are a few things to consider when you want to forward your e-mails from your webmail account to another account:
- The forwarding will be automatically for all mail aliases, for example firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
- You can keep a copy of every forwarded e-mail in your webmail inbox.
- Usually, e-mails can only be forwarded to one address. If you wish to forwrds your e-mails to more than one address you need to use Smartsieve.
- Warning: Forwarding will end automatically when your account is deleted.
Forwarding with the mail portal
If you have not set up forwarding yet, you can enter an e-mail address in the text box to which future e-mails will be forwarded. Check "Keep a copy in Inbox" if you do not want these e-mails to be deleted after forwarding from this inbox.
To confirm the entry, press save changes and forwarding is activated.
Please make sure your forwarding is working. If your e-mails are forwarded to a wrong e-mail address, you might miss important e-mails!
If forwarding is already set up, the following options are available in addition to the previous settings:
- Enable and disable forwarding
- Deleting forwarding
With the "Deactivate" option, unlike "Delete", the destination address entered remains saved, for example, for later reactivation. Edit the entries and press Save Changes if you want to change the e-mail address or change the option of having a copy in the Inbox.
If you have any questions or problems, please contact the RRZK-Helpdesk