1. Security settings
Before you sign a PDF document electronically using Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat, please check your security settings first.
1. Navigate on the menu-bar to 'Edit' then 'Preferences' and select the category 'Signatures' on the left hand side of the window. Find 'Identities & Trusted Certificates' and click 'More...'. [Picture 1].
2. Then select 'Trusted Certificates' in the left-hand navigation bar [Picture 2].
3. Mark all certificates listed there; this may take a few seconds. Then select 'Remove' and confirm the following message [Picture 3].
4. The 'Adobe Root CA G2' certificate will remain untouched after the procedure or will reappear as soon as the program is reopened [Figure 4].
5. Now close the 'Digital ID and Trusted Certificate Settings' window.
6. Click under 'Verification' on 'More...'. [Picture 1] and define the following settings [Picture 2]:
- 'Verify signatures when the document is opened': Check the box
- 'Verification Time': Please select the item 'Secure time (timestamp) embedded in the signature' here.
7. Confirm the settings with 'OK' [Picture 2].
If you have any questions or problems, please contact the RRZK-Helpdesk