4. Set up the personal certificate
The last step is to set up the personal certificate (for application and use see here).
1. Under 'Edit' in the menu bar, click on 'Preferences' and then on 'Signatures' in the left-hand window and then on 'More...' under 'Identities & Trusted Certificates'. [Picture 1].
2. Now click on "Add ID" under "Digital IDs" [Picture 2].
3. Now select 'A file' under 'My existing digital ID from:' and confirm your selection with 'Next' [Picture 1].
4. Now select your previously downloaded DFN personal certificate via 'Browse...' and choose 'Open'.
5. Enter the password created for this purpose. Then select 'Next' [Picture 2].
6. The selected certificate is now displayed. Confirm this with 'Finish' [Picture 3].
7. The added certificate is now displayed in the overview.
8. Select the certificate you just added, click on "Usage Options" and select the item "Use for Signing" [Picture 1].
9. A pencil icon will be displayed next to the selected certificate [Picture 2]. This certificate is now offered to you by default for use for advanced electronic signatures.
10. Close the "Digital ID and Trusted Certificate Settings" window.
11. Now click on 'More...' under 'Creation & Appearance'. [Picture 1].
12. Now select the button 'New...' under 'Appearance' [Picture 2].
13. There you can configure the following settings (example see Picture 3):
- Title: Enter a suitable title (e.g. electronic signature).
- Configure Graphic: Please use either the option 'No graphic' or 'Name'.
- Configure Text: Here you can use the standard settings or customize the display.
- Text Properties: The standard settings are sufficient here (text Direction: Automatic; Digits: 0123456789).
If you have any questions or problems, please contact the RRZK-Helpdesk