2. Set up the root certificate
In order for your personal certificate to be trusted by Adobe, you must first import the root certificate from which your personal certificate is derived. The DFN-Verein, which issues your certificate, is itself certified by Deutsche Telekom.
To make it more comfortable for you to import the root certificate, you will find a .fdf file here:
Alternatively, you will also find this .fdf file on the administration IT page, which makes it more convenient to import the root certificate. Please go to the FAQ article Mit Adobe unterschreiben - digitale Signaturen zertifizieren.
1. Download the .fdf-file (RootCertificate-UoC.fdf)
2. Execute it with Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat.
3. Click on 'Set Contact Trust...' in the window that opens [Picture 1].
4. Please tick the following items and confirm your selection with 'OK' [Figure 2].
- 'Use this certificate as trusted root'
- 'Certified documents'
5. Confirm the appearing message with 'OK' [Picture 3].
If you have any questions or problems, please contact the RRZK-Helpdesk