RRZK as an employer
The RRZK is a central institution of the University of Cologne and is divided into 7 departments: server infrastructure, network infrastructure, operations, customer & web support, high performance computing (HPC) and visualization, service development and administration. In total, more than 100 people are employed here (student and scientific assistants, employees from technology and administration as well as science).
As a computer center of one of the three largest universities in Germany, the tasks are diverse and require extensive knowledge. Therefore, the skills and abilities of our employees are also different. But we are all in common by our affinity for IT and the willingness to develop ourselves and the tasks involved.
What you can expect from us:
- The opportunities to contribute ideas and creatively shape your own work
- The option to work on mobile
- Diverse support to reconcile work and family life
- Individual training offers to promote your professional and personal development
- Attractiveness of a crisis-proof job in the public sector
- Various discounts, e.B. job ticket for public transport, company pension offers, capital-forming benefits and much more.
New colleagues welcome!
If you cannot find a suitable, currently advertised job offer – but are interested in working at the RRZK – please write to us proactively. We look forward to seeing you if you:
- have successfully completed a technical training or a corresponding course of study (e.B(a. (specialist) computer science, information technology, system electronics, etc.)
- at lateral entry bring along correspondingly proven practical knowledge
- ideally have initial professional experience or are willing to learn at the start of your career.
- customer- and solution-oriented work
- are capable of working in a team and are resilient.
In addition, we are interested in your special characteristics and competencies, e.g. whether you:
- have knowledge of a relevant special software
- have experience with a web framework, e.B. grails
- have knowledge/experience in system administration of Linux and/or Windows as well as with system-related services
- have experience with hardware-related programming (e.B. CPUs, GPGPUs, FPGAs)
- enjoy choosing, setting up and working with data center computer hardware
- have had experience with virtualization solutions
Send us your application with the usual documents (cover letter, CV, relevant certificates) in a PDF to rrzk-bewerbunguni-koeln.de.
If you have any questions or problems, please contact the RRZK-Helpdesk