Sophos contract for the universities in NRW
Sophos Endpoint Protection Advanced and Mail & Endpoint eXploit Prevention is software designed to defend against computer viruses and other malicious programs.
For more information, see the Sophos manufacturer page. To see if your current operating system is supported, consult the knowledge base article Previously supported platforms and operating systems.
New: Sophos Home Premium
All employees and students now have the professional security software "Sophos Home Premium" available free of charge. This allows you to secure your private or personal home office devices at home. In particular, the extended ransomware protection makes sense in the home office. The update is automatic with this version and is not dependent on a connection to the university network.
The license runs for 1 year each and can be extended again by 1 year, as long as there is a justification for it.
The following functions are available:
- Real-time antivirus
- Advanced Web Protection
- Threat detection with artificial intelligence
- Ransomware Protection
- Protection in online banking
- Data and identity protection
- Malware Scans and Removal
- Remote management
- Scheduled scans
- Automatic updates
- Protects up to 10 computers
Important: Since this offer is based on the extension of the Sophos Home license offered by Sophos, the terms of the user agreement apply. Support for this offer is provided exclusively by Sophos via your personal account. The RRZK is not the operator of this service. More information about Sohos Home can be found on the manufacturer's page of Sophos.
- Endpoint Protection Advanced
- Server Protection (Windows/Linux)
- Pure Message for Exchange
- Pure Message for Unix
- Secure E-Mail Gateway
- Endpoint eXploit Prevention
- Sophos Central Endpoint und Intercept X für Clients
Eligibility: employees (except Faculty of Medicine), students
License Type: rent
Price: free of charge
Home Use: yes
- Employees (except the Faculty of Medicine) and students of the University of Cologne can install and use the software on both private and business devices.
- Commercial use of the software is prohibited.
- It is also prohibited to pass on the software to third parties.
- The most current version of the software must always be used.
- The right of use is valid until 30.09.2024 (end of the current contract) or until leaving the university (whichever event occurs first).
Sophos Home Premium - Home office and personal devices
Sophos Endpoint Protection - Service Devices, Pools and Labs
A detailed documentation for the installation can be found in our Dokumentation (German, PDF, 811.5 kB).
To enable Sophos to receive regular updates, you should configure it: Sophos Update-Function.
Further information can be found here: Website of the manufacturer
Questions and problems
If you have questions or problems concerning installation, configuration and usage, please sent the following information...
- Operating system
- Sophos version
- activated firewall (if applicable)
- Error message or information from the log file
... to our RRZK-Helpdesk-Contact Form.
If you have any questions or problems, please contact the RRZK-Helpdesk