Sophos contract for the universities in NRW
Sophos Endpoint Protection Advanced and Mail & Endpoint eXploit Prevention is software designed to defend against computer viruses and other malicious programs.
- Endpoint Protection Advanced
- Server Protection (Windows/Linux)
- Pure Message for Exchange
- Pure Message for Unix
- Secure E-Mail Gateway
- Endpoint eXploit Prevention
- Sophos Central Endpoint und Intercept X für Clients
Eligibility: employees (except Faculty of Medicine), students
License Type: rent
Price: free of charge
Home Use: yes
- Employees (except the Faculty of Medicine) and students of the University of Cologne can install and use the software on both private and business devices.
- Commercial use of the software is prohibited.
- It is also prohibited to pass on the software to third parties.
- The most current version of the software must always be used.
- The right of use is valid until 30.09.2024 (end of the current contract) or until leaving the university (whichever event occurs first).
How to order
You can order Sophos at the Software-Shop of the University of Cologne.
Please purchase the respective product (with or without firewall, Windows, Mac or Linux) only once. As Sophos is free, you can use the installation files on as many computers as you like.
A detailed documentation for the installation can be found in our Dokumentation (German, PDF, 811.5 kB).
To enable Sophos to receive regular updates, you should configure it: Sophos Update-Function.
Further information can be found here: Website of the manufacturer
Alternatives to the Sophos Campus License
Faculty of Medicine
Alternatives for private use
Questions and problems
If you have questions or problems concerning installation, configuration and usage, please sent the following information...
- Operating system
- Sophos version
- activated firewall (if applicable)
- Error message or information from the log file
... to our RRZK-Helpdesk-Contact Form.
If you have any questions or problems, please contact the RRZK-Helpdesk