IBM SPSS Statistics
IBM SPSS Statistics is a statistics system that covers essentially the entire spectrum of statistical methods. It consists of a basic module that provides basic data management and extensive statistical and graphical data analysis using the most common statistical methods, plus numerous add-on modules for specific problems.
For more information, visit the IBM Web site.
Eligibility: employees and students
License type: rent
License period: regardless of the order date, the licenses are always valid until September 30
Price: Students can use the SPSS licenses free of charge until 30.09.2021, institutions pay 30 Euro per license
Home Use: yes
Order: Online-Softwareshop of the University of Cologne
The latest version and the three previous versions are available.
Important: Please make sure that your computer meets the system requirements before purchasing.
Language: All versions are multilingual.
- The licenses are rental licenses that must be paid for annually.
- Licenses for employees (except for the Faculty of Medicine) are automatically renewed for one year if they are not cancelled at least 30 days before the end of the license year. Licenses for students and for employees of the Faculty of Medicine are not automatically renewed.
- After termination (cancellation) of the license, the software must be uninstalled at the end of the license year.
- Members of the University of Cologne are entitled to use the software. The use by third parties is not permitted.
- When using single-user licenses, you have the right to install the software on up to two devices per license, as long as only the authorized person uses the products and the different installations are not used simultaneously.
- If the software is installed on a computer that is used by only one person, a home use right exists. You are therefore allowed to use the software on a private computer.
- The right of use is limited to non-commercial research and teaching, commercial use is prohibited. Non-commercial work is defined as work in which (i) the results of the work are not primarily reserved for a third party; (ii) copies of the results are provided at a maximum of the provision, reproduction and shipping costs.
- The framework agreement allows the use of older versions of the products (downgrading right).
- The right to upgrade (within the term of the contract), as well as the change of language, version or platform are part of the right of use.
- Each license must be activated with an individual authorization code, which cannot be used afterwards. Since RRZK cannot check whether the code has been used, codes sold cannot be returned.
- The contract with IBM is limited in time and will be extended or renewed for one contract period at a time, provided that an agreement can be reached between the contracting parties. License costs may change when the contract is renewed.
Please note that changes to your hardware, such as replacing the hard disk, may invalidate your license!
If you have any questions or problems, please contact the RRZK-Helpdesk