Project boxes are especially intended for sharing files in working or institute groups. They are not bound to an individual account. Project boxes still have an owner, but this role can be transferred.
Project boxes should only be used:
- if the data volume exceeds the 500GB quota of an individual account (if this is not the case the project manager could grant access to an area of their sciebo account to the project participants)
- if data should be stored for the mid to long-term (such as after the project manager has left the project (in this case the administrator role can be transferred to another project member).
Project boxes are valid for two years and may be renewed with an application stating the reason for renewal.
If interested please e-mail the RRZK Helpdesk stating:
- the sciebo account of the person who will manage the project box
- the name of the project box (4 to 64 characters)
- the institute/organization
- the quota required (30, 500, 1000 or 2000GB)
- a short description of the project (max 150 words)
Information on managing a project box
- As the project box administrator, you can view information on the project box (storage volume, expiration date etc) in my.sciebo (storage volume, expiration date, etc.) Note that you should be the only person who knows the project box password and not share this with anyone.
- You can access the project box via the login page with the project box ID and password, although these login details are only needed to assign access rights for the first time. You can grant access rights to all sciebo users including those who need to access the root folder of the central project folder as administrators.
- When the appropriate permissions are granted, the project box will appear within the user’s personal sciebo account. Users can use their personal accounts to access all sciebo functions relating to the project box (insofar as they are authorized to do so). To use the project box (for uploading and sharing files) project members must login with their personal account. The storage volume of the personal account is not affected by this.
- Administrators must also grant full access to the root folder of the project box for their personal sciebo account.
If you have any questions or problems, please contact the RRZK-Helpdesk
Phone: (0221) 470-89555