Now sciebo has a new feature:
By integrating the "OnlyOffice" app, it is now possible to view and edit Microsoft Office documents (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) directly from the web interface – at the same time as other people with a sciebo account (the functionality is similar to that of, for example, "google docs" or "Etherpad").
- OnlyOffice can only be used via the web interface.
- You launch the app by
- click on a .docx, .xlsx or .pptx file that has already been uploaded to sciebo, or
- create such a file using the "plus symbol" at the top of the web interface.
- OnlyOffice has the common functions of a document editing program.
- Multiple people can work on a document at the same time if the document is shared with them.
- OnlyOffice is primarily compatible with Microsoft Office documents. You must first convert OpenDocument files (.odt, .ods, .odp) from the sciebo folder view context menu ("3-point icon" > "Open in ONLYOFFICE") before you can edit them in OnlyOffice.
A document edited via web interface in OnlyOffice is not synchronized by client until OnlyOffice is closed.
If you are editing files with several people at the same time via OnlyOffice, please note the following instructions:
- You need to share the owner's to work on one file at the same time as others in OnlyOffice.
- Use only the web interface when working on a file with other people at the same time. If you modify a file that is synchronized via client on your computer while another person is editing the document online via OnlyOffice, conflict files will be created.
- The undo and repeat functions are not usable.
Please also note https://hochschulcloud.nrw/de/hilfe/webinterface/simultan.html.
OnlyOffice provides two valuable features that go beyond mere document editing:
Information and help
For more information about OnlyOffice, visit sciebo.
If you have any questions or problems, please contact the RRZK-Helpdesk