Consultation for PC and Mac via telephone and internet
What is a remote consulting?
You allow us to establish a connection to your computer via the Internet (remote connection). This allows us to view your computer in your presence and, if necessary, to enable us to operate the mouse and keyboard. You can follow all work steps directly on your screen. We support you in this way with possible problems and help you further.
What are the requirements?
- You belong to the University of Cologne and your computer has a working Internet connection.
- Our consulting team is available.
- You can be reached by telephone or call our RRZK-Helpdesk (see section "How it works:").
How it works:
- Please call the RRZK-Helpdesk (0221/470-89555) and ask if a session with "TeamViewer" is currently possible.
- download the software (Windows, MacOS, Linux) - if necessary with our telephone support - and start it. A window of the client software will appear on your screen, through which you can read your TeamViewer ID and identifier.
- inform us by phone of your TeamViewer ID and identifier.
- We will transfer your data to the TeamViewer version and establish the connection to your PC.
- decide whether we should remote control your PC via keyboard and mouse or not.
- you can terminate the connection at any time: To do this, click on the tab in the start bar and then on the locking cross in the pop-up menu.
If you have any questions or problems, please contact the RRZK-Helpdesk