Regulations for web projects
Web projects are subject to the following rules:
- Make sure that you always name a deputy for technical and for managerial matters to the RRZK. Please inform the RRZK web masters if any changes occur regarding these responsibilities.
- Projects with individual user administration allow you to assign autonomously admin accounts. Please make sure that you always name a full name and a functioning e-mail address. Admin accounts that do not meet these requirements will be disabled. If we are not able to contact a person with administrator rights, the project will be disabled. Please inform newly assigned administrators about these regulations.
- If you use software from a third-party source (for example Joomla, phpBB), you have the obligation to install independently the latest security update. In the case of TYPO3-projects, this rule applies furthermore to installed extensions.
- Therefore, check at least every 4 weeks if any security updates are available for the software in use. We recommend the subscription to corresponding mailing lists.
- Scripts must not impair intentionally or gross negligently other projects.
- The RRZK cannot fully guarantee that the stored data is protected from unauthorized access. (This would require a separate server for exclusive use.)
- Please encode passwords when stored in databanks. If available, use encryptions with so-called Salt. Simple MD5-encoding without Salt can be hacked easily.
- Write permission on the web servers is only adjusted selectively for AFS-projects.
- The RRZK is not liable for programming errors of persons involved in the project.
- The provided scope of a project must only be used for the purposes of the respective facility. Content of private nature is not permitted.
- Make sure that you comply with copyright and other regulations regarding the provided contents.
- It is prohibited to circumvent security measures installed by the RRZK. If you find a security breach, inform the RRZK immediately. Taking advantage of a loophole (even for test purposes) can result in the immediate deactivation of the project and/or the account.
The RRZK reserves the right to remove the project at least temporary from the network in case of non-compliance.
The confirmation code for requesting a web project is: IhdRgusszB
If you have any questions or problems, please contact the RRZK-Helpdesk