What is identity management at the University of Cologne (uniKIM)?
The personal data of staff and students at the university is managed via the central identity management system uniKIM. It provides a single-sign on and authentication system for different services and systems at the university.
What do I need uniKIM for as a user of the University of Cologne?
- You can use uniKIM to change your password (for KLIPS, e-mail, Wi-Fi and much more)
- Please note that it can take a few hours and (in some cases until the next day) until your new password is synchronized with all connected systems. In this case, you can still use your old password to access these systems.
- To change you e-mail address you can set up an alias (for example “john.smith@(smail.)uni-koeln.de").
- You can change your standard shell (for using linux systems or the server dialog.rrz.uni-keoln.de)
What data are stored/can I view in uniKIM?
You can view your details which are stored by the university administration:
- your student ID number (for students) or employee number (for employees)
- your date of birth
- your degree programme(s) and target qualification (students)
- the duration of your employment or the duration of the project which your position is financed by (employees)
- your department or institute (employees)
Any further questions?
If you have any questions or problems using uniKIM, please contact the RRZK-Helpdesk.
If you have any questions or problems, please contact the RRZK-Helpdesk