VPN configuration on Android
The following instructions are based on Android 9, but they have also been tested in other android versions without any problems.
Configuring a VPN connection
1. Download the AnyConnect App from Play Store and start the app.
2. Tap on "Connections" to set up a new connection.
3. Type "vpngate.uni-koeln.de” in the server address field. The description is freely selectable.
4. Tap "Done" to finish the configuration.
5. To establish the VPN connection, tap the on/off button.
6. Enter the credentials of your student or employee account and click on "Connect".
7. The app will show you the state "Connected".
8. To disconnect the VPN connection open the AnyConnect app and tap the on/off switch again.
If you have any questions or problems, please contact the RRZK-Helpdesk