Access to deleted files and previous versions
In SoFS all data are backed up in pre-defined intervals. So you are able to access those backups to recover previous versions of the data in your SoFS folders, if you accidentally deleted or modified them.
Detailed information on automatic backups and how long they are stored can be found here.
To access previous versions you need to establish a connection via cifs under windows. Other operating systems are not able to access the backups.
Access previous versions
1. Open the windows explorer and navigate to the SoFS folder, where the data were located, you want to have access to.
2. Make a right-click on the folder where the data have been stored. Select "Properties".
3. Select "Previous versions". You will now see all previous versions that are stored on our servers.
4. Select the version you want to access and click "Open".
6. A new window will pop up and show the contents of the folder to the selected timestamp. Save the data you want to recover by copying to your local hard drive
Remark: If there are no old versions displayed, please double-check that you are using cifs and that you are trying to access previous versions of a folder and not of a file directly.
If you have any questions or problems, please contact the RRZK-Helpdesk